Sunday, October 3, 2010

Why me, why you, and why yarn?

Greetings Pred Nation,

Puns are something we love to hate, but ultimately provide the gimmicy draw necessary to get a blog going.  Thus, the use of yarn.  Yarn has two definitions; I'm interested in the more obscure.  I'll let Princeton do the honors, "the act of giving an account describing incidents or a course of events."  Why not just use "story" or "tale", because then my friends, this introduction would not be "punny".

In this post, I would like to familiarize my writing style to you, the humble reader, and establish the framework for our hockey conversation.  Finding this blog is the single greatest action you could have made for the longevity of your marriage (despite what he/she tells you), maturation of your children (Billy is 10, he doesn't need you to tell him to brush his teeth), or your career's success (guess who looks more productive on his web-capable phone, this guy!).

I was born and raised in Murfreesboro, TN, but am now a student at (the) Vanderbilt University.  I call Section 306 my home. Will I be objective in writing about our team?  Mostly.  Will I be entertaining?  I hope so.  Will I get inside your head and influence your thoughts?  Say no.  Regardless of psychic abilities, I am eager to get this season underway and begin stitching the fabric of our discussion.  For now, I implore you to give me a chance among the likes of titans:  Paul, Brandon, Dirk, and the guys from 303.  I assure, nay I promise, I won't disappoint.   

. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment